“When asked about how they would like to receive advice and guidance, 72% [of students] said they preferred to talk to someone face to face about it, 12% to receive online support and 6% to talk to someone over the phone.” November 2008 CFE report: Contribution of Face-to-Face Advice and Guidance vs Access to Information
The Benefits of Working with CareersInc
Our professional service is tailored to your specific needs and budget and delivered in person, not online or over the phone. Our goal is to help and encourage students to reach higher and achieve their potential. We help students understand the options available and provide support in making the right choices for their future, as well as helping them build their confidence and self-esteem.
Our Menu of IAG Services for Students
In addition to what we offer to schools, we provide a menu of careers information, advice and guidance (IAG) services for students, including:
- One-to-one impartial guidance
- Personal coaching, including how to write a CV and interview techniques and practice
- Help with applications to further/higher education
- Psychometric assessments with personalised feedback
- Support for both students and their parents/carers on key transition and option choices
- Careers information and advice on all available options, including apprenticeships, work-based learning and traditional pathways at both 16 and 18+
- Support following exam results, to help students decide what to do next
- Workshops for students and parents on key career issues (which could include weighing up the costs and benefits of various post-18 choices, such as higher education and its alternatives)
- Access to employers and providers by our approach to “career cafes” which provide an informal way to interact with employers and providers
- Access to resources and information via plasmas, displays and written materials to ensure that key facts and information reach students in an engaging and timely manner.