The new Careers Statutory Guidance (published Jan 2018) outlined that all schools must ensure that pupils are provided with independent careers guidance from year 8 to year 13. They will be held accountable for the career success of their pupils by ensuring that “data on student destinations (will be) widely available and easily understandable by people of all ages.”
Careers Guidance in Schools
At CareersInc, we go beyond the minimum standards. We work in partnership with our schools and academies to provide outstanding careers guidance services for students and their key influencers. Feedback from our latest round of contract reviews in February 2018 includes:
“..Pleased with the progress of CareersInc. Parents, students and staff are more aware of provisions, aspirations and pathways.”
“Both advisers are a real asset to the school. From developing excellent relationships with students to providing personalised advice. The advisers support the students in developing careers across the school.”
“I feel our relationship with Careersinc is much strengthened this year. Working through the Quality Award process and being supported by the CareersInc consultants has increased our confidence in CEIAG! We have a good working relationship with our current advisers.”
“I feel the academy is totally supported by Careersinc. I feel I can approach Careersinc with questions and also seek suggestions.”
“Thorough completion of all data required.”
The Benefits of Working with CareersInc
We’re local to South Yorkshire, however we also work in the North East, Yorkshire, Humber and East Midlands. We know the areas, the industries, the employers, the schools and, in many cases, the students.
Students benefit from our outstanding careers information, advice and guidance. So, they come to employers (whether for work-related activities or employment) as well-informed and motivated young people.
All our associate advisers hold relevant DBS checks and are also fully insured (including professional indemnity).
Our Menu of IAG Services for Schools
Schools can choose some or all of the following careers-related services:
- A wide range of services for students
- Organise as well as support alternative curriculum days, careers conventions, events, industry days, enterprise activities, etc.
- Help to develop school tutors in order to promote cross-school IAG practice and effective signposting of students to specialist careers IAG provision
- Contribute to and/or develop ‘student voice’ activities to inform the way IAG is delivered
- Provide access to our unique iBooks of bespoke resources and curriculum materials as well as maximising the use of free national materials
- Support your school’s governors and brief them on key issues which will inform their decision-making and resource allocation
- Provide a tracker system that will monitor student progression and capture destination data required by Local Authorities.
- We will also provide each school with a data dashboard to show sectors, levels and types of providers their students progress onto.
- Support our schools to achieve national accreditation with a Quality Award in CEIAG via our franchise with Prospects Ltd