The new Careers Statutory Guidance (published Jan 2018) outlined that all schools must ensure that pupils are provided with independent careers guidance from year 8 to year 13. They will be held accountable for the career success of their pupils by ensuring that “data on student destinations (will be) widely available and easily understandable by people of all ages.”
At CareersInc, we go beyond the minimum standards and work in partnership with our schools and academies to provide outstanding careers guidance services for students and their key influencers. Feedback from our latest round of contract reviews in February 2018 includes:
“..pleased with the progress of CareersInc – parents, students and staff are more aware of provisions, aspirations and pathways.”
“both advisers are a real asset to the school, developing excellent relationships with students, providing personalised advice and supporting the school in developing careers across the school.”
“I feel our relationship with Careersinc is much strengthened this year. Working through the Quality Award process and being supported by the CareersInc consultants has increased our confidence in CEIAG and we have a good working relationship with our current advisers.”
“I feel the academy is totally supported by Careersinc – I feel I can approach Careersinc with questions and seek suggestions.”
“Thorough completion of all data required.”
The Benefits of Working with CareersInc
We’re local to South Yorkshire, and also work in the North East, Yorkshire and Humber and East Midlands. We know the areas, the industries, the employers, the schools and, in many cases, the students.
Students benefit from our outstanding careers information, advice and guidance, so they come to employers (whether for work-related activities or employment) as well-informed and motivated young people.
All our associate advisers hold relevant DBS checks and are fully insured (including professional indemnity).
Our Menu of IAG Services for Schools
Schools can choose some or all of the following careers-related services:
- A wide range of services for students
- We will organise and support alternative curriculum days, careers conventions, events and industry days, enterprise activities, etc
- We will help to develop school tutors in order to promote cross-school IAG practice and effective signposting of students to specialist careers IAG provision
- We will contribute to and/or develop ‘student voice’ activities to inform the way IAG is delivered
- We will provide access to our unique iBooks of bespoke resources and curriculum materials as well maximising the use of free national materials
- We will support your school’s governors and brief them on key issues which will inform their decision-making and resource allocation
- We will provide a tracker system which will monitor student progression and capture destination data required by Local Authorities.
- We will also provide each school with a data dashboard to show sectors, levels and types of providers their students progress onto.
- We will support our schools to achieve national accreditation with a Quality Award in CEIAG via our franchise with Prospects Ltd