CareersInc in Your School
Your CareersInc Career Advisers are in school to offer you impartial advice and guidance. Also, your tutors or subject teachers are available to discuss subject choices and support applications for further study.
There are also other staff in school that can help such as a learning manager, mentor, support worker or head of year.
What we do:
- If you are in Year 11 you may have a careers interview with a Careers Adviser to talk about your post-16 and post-18 pathway plans and your long term career choices. These are usually arranged through your learning manager.
- We hold drop in sessions in the Careers Room during lunch and after school. Come and see us if you have any queries about your options or career choice.
- We support enrichments sessions and deliver workshops on a variety of topics including Apprenticeships.
- We support you with applying for university through UCAS.
- We attend options events and parents’ evenings to give you advice about your options and future career choices.
Careers Information in Your School
- Careers resources are available in the library including careers publications, sixth form, college and university prospectuses, Apprenticeships information and careers articles.
- We will also post latest news and updates including information about local opportunities and events on the latest news feed on website.
Find out more about going to a Sixth Form.
- Harrogate College
- York College
- Askham Bryan College
- Leeds College of Building
- Leeds College of Art
- Leeds College of Music
Find out more about College
Apprenticeships and Traineeships
Apprenticeships and Traineeships are available through the following local training providers:
- North Yorkshire County Council
- Harrogate College Apprenticeships
- Craven College
- York College
- North Lancs Training Group
Higher education is available through the following local colleges and universities.
- Leeds University
- Leeds Metropolitan University
- Leeds Trinity University
- York University
- York St. John University
- Teeside University
- University of Durham
- Huddersfield University
- University of Northumbria
- Newcastle University
- Sheffield University
- Sheffield Hallam University
Find out more about Higher Education.
Local Labour Market Information (LMI)
Local business parks
- Barker Business Park, Melmerby
- Canal Side Business Park, Dallamires
- Dallamires Lane
- Ebor Business Park, Ure Bank Top
- Highfield Business Park (formerly College BP), Kearsley Rd
- Phoenix Business Centre, Low Mill Rd
- Ripon Business Park, Boroughbridge Road
- Sycamore Business Park, Copt Hewick
More LMI can be found on the websites below:
York, North Yorkshire and East Riding LEP
Some large employers in Ripon
- The Potter Group
- Potter Logistics Ltd
- Econ Engineering Ltd
- Ripon Farm Services Ltd
- F B Taylor (Holdings) Ltd
- Lightwater Valley Attractions Ltd
- Booths Supermarket
- Senyap Transport Ltd
- The Black Sheep Brewery Plc
- Ripon Select Foods Ltd
- Meads Trust Ltd
- Newby Hall Estate
- Batchelors of Ripon Ltd
- Express Group Ltd
- Compton Farms
- Ritchey Limited
- Animal Care Group Plc
- NIDD Transport Ltd