CareersInc in Your School
Your CareersInc adviser is Lance. You can find him in the library on Mondays.
Your CareersInc Career Advisers are in school to offer you impartial advice and guidance. Also, your tutors or subject teachers are available to discuss subject choices and support applications for further study.
What we do:
- If you are in Year 11 you may have a careers interview to talk about your post-16 or post-18 pathway plans and your long term career choices. These are usually arranged through your learning manager.
- We hold drop in sessions in the library during lunchtimes and enrichment times on the days we are in school. Come and see us if you have any queries about your options or career choice.
- We deliver group work sessions on topics such as Apprenticeships and employment options.
- We provide specialist UCAS advice if you are thinking of going to university.
- We attend options events and learning and pathway days to give you advice about your options and future career choices.
Careers Information in Your School
• Careers resources are available in the library including careers publications, sixth form, college and university prospectuses, Apprenticeships information and careers articles.
• We will also post latest news and updates including information about local opportunities and events on the latest news feed on website.
To explore the range of Sixth Forms in Leeds visit Leeds Pathways
Find out more about going to a Sixth Form.
To explore the range of Colleges in Leeds visit Leeds Pathways
Find out more about going to college.
Apprenticeships and Traineeships
Apprenticeships and Traineeships are available through the following local training providers.
These websites are worth checking on a daily basis
Another place to look can be on the big national job vacancy sites, which also include local search options.
Examples sites include:
Higher education is available through the following local colleges and universities.
- University of Huddersfield
- Leeds Trinity University
- Sheffield Hallam University
- Wakefield College
- Leeds Metropolitan University
- University of Leeds
- University of Bradford
Find out more about Higher Education.
Local Labour Market Information (LMI)
A large number of businesses in this region employ 10 people or less so students need to have a good range of employability skills including communication, team working skills, ability to work on their own initiative, be a self-starter and be motivated to achieve.
In this region some of the main industries creating jobs are:
- Manufacturing – (research and development, product design, precision engineering, customised manufacturing).
- Business and finance sector – (banks, insurance, law, accountancy, estate agency).
- Creative and digital (graphic design, film, app design).
- Healthcare (care roles, research, precision manufacturing, business, building management).
- Hospitality and tourism (hotels, sport and recreation catering and cultural activities).
- Low carbon industries (wind turbines, solar heat etc).
LMI for these areas can be found below: