CareersInc in Your School
Your CareersInc Career Advisers are in school to offer you impartial advice and guidance. Also, your tutors or subject teachers are available to discuss subject choices and support applications for further study.
What we do:
- If you are in Year 11 you may have a careers interview to talk about your post-16 pathway plans and your long term career choices.
- We hold drop in sessions in the Careers room at lunchtimes and enrichment times. Come and see us if you have any queries about your options or career choice.
- We deliver group workshops on Apprenticeships and other topics.
- We attend options events and learning and pathway days to give you advice about your options and future career choices.
Careers information in your school
- Careers resources are available in the library including careers publications, HE and college brochures.
- You have access to careers software on your school computers including Job Explorer Database (JED) and Higher Ideas.
- We will also post latest news and updates including information about local opportunities and events on the latest news feed on this website.
- Prior Purseglove College
- Macmillan Academy
- Nunthorpe Academy
- Trinity Catholic College 6th Form
- The King’s Academy Sixth Form
Find out more about going to a Sixth Form.
- Askham Bryan
- Middlesbrough College
- Guisborough College
- Cleveland College of Art
- Stockton Riverside College
- Redcar and Cleveland
- The Northern School of Art
Find out more about going to college
Apprenticeships and Traineeships
Apprenticeships and Traineeships are available through the following local training providers
Tees Valley Learning Provider Network have information about local training providers and what areas they provide Apprenticeship training in.
Apprenticeships and Traineeships are available through the following local training providers:
Higher education is available through the following local colleges and universities.
- Teeside University
- University of Durham
- Sunderland University
- University of Northumbria
- Newcastle University
Find out more about Higher Education.
Local Labour Market Information (LMI)
Local key industry sectors
- Manufacturing (including Teeside Advanced Manufacturing Park)
- Digital and creative media (including Digital City in Boho Zone)
Hot jobs to look out for in this area
- Life sciences
- Chemical processing
- Digital media
- Health and social care
Local industrial and business parks
- Riverside Park
- South Tees Business Centre (on A66 just outside Middlesborough)
Local trends and changes in industry
Middlesborough used to be a heavy industry area and now key sectors for growth are manufacturing, retail, and service.
There is currently a lot of investment in to the digital media sector.
Some local large employers in Middlesborough
- Teesside University
- James Cook Hospital
- Middlesborough Council
- Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council
- Sunderland City Council
- Durham County Council
Other sources of LMI
- Inspiring Yorkshire and Humber
- North East Chamber of Commerce
- Tees Valley Unlimited
- Universal Job Match
- Evening Gazette (Gazette Live)
- The Journal
- The Northern Echo
- Darlington and Stockton Times
- Hartlepool Mail
- Sunderland Echo
- Peterlee Star